Accommodation – International Students

The most important part of every international student’s life is a happy home environment. Students must feel safe, secure and supported to enjoy their time in Australia and to meet their potential at ߲Ƶ’s College.

International students have a number of accommodation options including:

  • Homestay
  • Parent/legal guardian or relative approved by the Department of Home Affairs


Many Australian families welcome international students into their homes where they can live, learn and experience Australian customs and culture.
All homestay students receive their own room, a private study area, all meals and transport to and from ߲Ƶ’s College.

Homestay families are carefully selected, monitored and supported to provide the best possible living environment for ߲Ƶ’s College international students. Many students share a special bond with their homestay families and remain in contact after their graduation.

The ߲Ƶ’s College homestay program is managed by . The homestay program is only available to students on student visas.

Parent/legal guardian or relative approved by the Department of Home Affairs

Parents accompanying international students are a valuable asset to our ߲Ƶ’s College community.

Parents who are living with their child in Australia are responsible for all areas of the student’s welfare and study support.

If parents are unable at any time to provide care for their child, such as a need to travel to their home country or interstate, the College can organise temporary care for international students for this duration. All temporary care must be approved by ߲Ƶ’s College.

International students may only live with a relative who is at least 21 years old and who is of good character. A relative eligible to be nominated as a carer means a brother, sister, step-parent, step-brother, step-sister, grandparent, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew, step-grandparent, step-aunt, step-uncle, step-niece or step-nephew.

The student’s family completes and provides proof of relationship to Department of Home Affairs at the time of visa application for approval of these arrangements. The Department of Home Affairs must also approve any further change of welfare arrangements.

Homestay Code of Conduct

Homestay Risk Management Strategy

Blue Card Homestay Information

Student Accommodation and Welfare Policy